No fewer than 44 others were also kidnapped in the region amidst the rising insecurity across the country.
According to a security report by the Council on Foreign Relations, Kaduna State recorded the highest number of cases with six incidents of killing and kidnapping while Katsina State, where President Muhammadu Buhari hails from, had four incidents.
The Council of Foreign Relations, an American think-thank, said it tracks insecurity across Nigeria
“Using information from newspapers and families of victims of various violent attacks”.
In its breakdown, the report revealed that on July 23, unknown herders killed seven people in Kaduna’s Kajuru, and on the following day, July 24, bandits killed 10 persons in Jema’a and Kaura LGAs of Kaduna.
On July 18, six people were abducted in Chikun, Kaduna State while suspected herders killed 11 people in Zangon Kataf in the same state on July 20.
142 people killed, 44 kidnapped in Northern Nigeria in one week
It also revealed that on July 19, suspected herders killed 21 persons and a police inspector in Kaura while a sectarian violence caused the death of three in Kauru, Kaduna on July 21.
According to CFR, a bomb explosion killed six children in Malumfashi, Katsina, on July 18 while 23 Nigerian soldiers and 17 bandits were killed in Jibia on same day – in the same state.
Days after, bandits killed another three in Batsari town of Katsina on July 21 and kidnapped 17 residents on July 22 in Safana town of the state.
- Femi Gbajabiamila, House Of Reps speaker, Visits Family Of Vendor Shot Dead By His Security Aide [Photos]
- #EndSARS: Gen Bello Ordered Soldiers To Release Bullets At Lekki Toll Gate – Army
- Newspaper Vendors Protest Killing Of Their Colleague By House Of Reps Speaker, Gbajabiamila’s Security Aide
- Army Commander – Soldiers Were Attacked At Lekki Tollgate But We Still Offered Water & Drinks To Protesters
- Hoodlums Attacks Market In Oyo, Loot & Set Shops Ablaze
- US President Hails ‘Elite US Special Forces’ After Rescuing Kidnapped American Citizen In Nigeria
- US Forces Rescue American Citizen Held Hostage In Nigeria
- Nigerian Army Says It Has Arrested The Soldier Who Recorded A Video Begging His Colleagues Not To Shoot At #EndSARS Protesters
© 2020, Our9Ja Trending News. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post