No fewer than 44 others were also kidnapped in the region amidst the rising insecurity across the country.
According to a security report by the Council on Foreign Relations, Kaduna State recorded the highest number of cases with six incidents of killing and kidnapping while Katsina State, where President Muhammadu Buhari hails from, had four incidents.
The Council of Foreign Relations, an American think-thank, said it tracks insecurity across Nigeria
“Using information from newspapers and families of victims of various violent attacks”.
In its breakdown, the report revealed that on July 23, unknown herders killed seven people in Kaduna’s Kajuru, and on the following day, July 24, bandits killed 10 persons in Jema’a and Kaura LGAs of Kaduna.
On July 18, six people were abducted in Chikun, Kaduna State while suspected herders killed 11 people in Zangon Kataf in the same state on July 20.
142 people killed, 44 kidnapped in Northern Nigeria in one week
It also revealed that on July 19, suspected herders killed 21 persons and a police inspector in Kaura while a sectarian violence caused the death of three in Kauru, Kaduna on July 21.
According to CFR, a bomb explosion killed six children in Malumfashi, Katsina, on July 18 while 23 Nigerian soldiers and 17 bandits were killed in Jibia on same day – in the same state.
Days after, bandits killed another three in Batsari town of Katsina on July 21 and kidnapped 17 residents on July 22 in Safana town of the state.
- Nigerian Army Says It Has Arrested The Soldier Who Recorded A Video Begging His Colleagues Not To Shoot At #EndSARS Protesters
- CNN & New Yorker Suspend Journalist Jeffrey Toobin After He Accidentally Exposed His Manhood On Zoom Call
- #EndSARS ― Photos Of Men Cutting Off Security Cameras At The Lekki Toll Gate Just Before The Shootings Started
- Grant #EndSARS Protesters Demand Else, We Attack ― Niger Delta Militants Threaten FG
- Protesters Struggling To Remove Bullet From Victim’s Body In Lekki As #EndSARS Protesters Are Shot At
- Mum Allegedly Rapes 12 Year-Old Son After Stripping Him Naked
- #EndSARS, #EndSWAT: We Are Ready To Meet Your Demands – Senate President, Lawan Tells Protesters
- Outrage As Elderly Woman Is Slapped By Police For Pointing At Police Station During End SARS Protest [Video]
© 2020, Our9Ja Trending News. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post