Seventeen members of the Edo State House of Assembly have impeach the Speaker, Frank Okiye and elected Mr Victor Edoror as his successor.
The factional house of assembly members who are loyal to the immediate past National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress Adams Oshiomhole, also impeached the Deputy Speaker, Roland Asoro. Emmanuel Agbaje of Akoko Edo Constituency II was announced as the new deputy speaker of the assembly.
Edo State House of Assembly Impeach Speaker And Deputy Speaker
The 17 members include 14 members whose seats have been previously declared vacant and it was gathered that the impeachment decision was taken at a private location in the state capital, hours after security officials took over the State Assembly Complex and some men attacked the building, destroying parts of it.
It is uncertain how this impeachment will play out as it was done outside the assembly complex and without the assembly’s mace, the symbol of authority of the parliament, Edo State House of Assembly has been embroiled in a crisis since 2019, one that has now been worsened by the buildup to the governorship elections in the state.
- US Election 2020: Fact-Checking Trump Team’s Main Fraud Claims
- US Election 2020: Judge Dismisses Trump Lawsuit In Pennsylvania
- When Trump’s Presidency Ends, He Will Lose His Legal Armor. Here’s What Awaits Him.
- Femi Gbajabiamila, House Of Reps speaker, Visits Family Of Vendor Shot Dead By His Security Aide [Photos]
- President Trump Says Election “Far From Over” As He Vows To Fight Results
- Harris Makes History As First Female, Black, South Asian American VP-Elect
© 2020, Our9Ja Trending News. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post