Governor Nyesom Wike has stated that suspended national chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole sudden U-turn to support Osagie Ize-Iyamu in the forthcoming Edo governorship election is an insult to the people of the state.
In a statement released by Rivers state commissioner for information and communications Paul Nsirim, Governor Wike stated that Edo indigenes know the type of candidate the APC has presented going by what Oshiomhole said about him four years ago.
“Such a character cannot be accepted by Edo people as governor during the election. I respect the Benin tradition and I know that Edo people are educated to know that Oshiomhole cannot play on their intelligence.”
“If he is now retracting what he said of Ize Iyamu, who is sure that he’s saying the correct thing now. Adams Oshiomole’s sudden U-turn is a great insult on Edo people. This is an opportunity for Edo people both at home and in the diaspora to use their votes to tell Oshiomole they cannot take his lies anymore. From all indications, it is obvious that there is no strong opposition against Obaseki and he will win convincingly.”
Governor Wike also noted that it was not easy task electing Obaseki as the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after he decamped from the APC.
“It was not easy to have a sole candidate for the party in Edo state. People thought there will be problems, given the fact that Obaseki was coming from another party. But party members who are grounded and believe in the party didn’t see any sacrifice too much to make.”
“Even in Ondo state, the former deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi who decamped to PDP contested keenly during the primaries and lost. If there are other pending issues in the south west, be sure that the party will resolve them.”
“That is exactly what Delta state Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, as the chairman of south-south states’ governors had done. He is making sure that we are all on the same page to ensure that all states in the south-south are controlled by PDP”.
MUST SEE POST
- US Election 2020: Fact-Checking Trump Team’s Main Fraud Claims
- US Election 2020: Judge Dismisses Trump Lawsuit In Pennsylvania
- When Trump’s Presidency Ends, He Will Lose His Legal Armor. Here’s What Awaits Him.
- Femi Gbajabiamila, House Of Reps speaker, Visits Family Of Vendor Shot Dead By His Security Aide [Photos]
- President Trump Says Election “Far From Over” As He Vows To Fight Results
- Harris Makes History As First Female, Black, South Asian American VP-Elect
- I Won This Election – President Trump Insists As Joe Biden Is Declared Winner Of US Presidential Election
- Joe Biden Is Rushing To Falsely Pose As The Winner Because He Doesn’t Want The Truth To Be Exposed – President Donald Trump
© 2020, Our9Ja Trending News. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post