The incident, which occurred late Wednesday led to the grounding of the two aircraft at the airport.
Sources said the incident occurred when Middle East Airlines plane was coming to park on the apron while Turkish Airlines aircraft was taxiing out.
Details were still sketchy but passengers on Turkish Airlines flight were made to disembark.
However, it was learnt that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) had been notified and would issue a statement on the incident.
Two Planes Collide At Lagos International Airport
There had been numerous ground collision incidents at the Lagos Airport over the years due to limited space at the airside of the airport, as more activities and higher movement of aircraft traffic have surpassed the initial plan of the airport.
- Update: Third Victim Of Lagos Helicopter Crash Has Died [Photos]
- 325 Stranded Nigerians Evacuated From The US Will Arrive Saturday
- Two Feared Dead, Several Injured As Air India Express Flight With 191 Passengers Onboard Crash Lands At Calicut Airport [Photos/Video]
- Tragedy Hits Ogun As Bus Somersaulted, Rendering Three Dead, Six Injured
- FFK Calls For Quick Action Taken Following A Video Showing Nigerian Ladies Stranded In Lebanon Crying Out For Help
- Family Arrives Back In The UK From Europe And Discovers Two African Hiding In Their Car Roof Rack [Video]
- BREAKING: Two Planes Collide At Lagos International Airport
- Join JAMALIFE HELPERS GLOBAL Limited.. Your Flight To Richness
© 2020, Our9Ja Trending News. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post